Position: Warehouse Supervisor
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: Louisville, KY 40214
Pay Rate: $55,000 – $75,000, with quick advancement opportunities
2nd Shift: Monday – Friday, 2:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. plus additional hours as business requires
Snelling has an immediate opening for a Warehouse Supervisor in Louisville, KY. This position will be responsible for learning and performing all the team tasks including unloading and loading product deliveries, maintaining stock in the warehouse, and moving stock and other materials to fulfill orders. The Warehouse Supervisor should be able to work independently and demonstrate a proactive, problem-solving attitude. Job duties include:
- Coordinates and supervises all phases of warehouse operations including shipping schedules, loading operations, and material handling activities. 75% of the time will be spent on the Warehouse Floor actively managing activities.
- Supervises assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action, and performance management.
- Maintains inventory and product loss control, coordinates timely and accurate shipping and receiving, and ensures safety/operational guidelines are met.
- Ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for, production efficiency, quality of product, employee safety, state, and federal guidelines.
- Assign, direct, review, and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize productivity in the warehouse
- Establishes and monitors employee’s work schedules to meet the needs of the business.
- Recommends improvements to reduce cost and drive productivity within the department
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Track and account for all incoming and outgoing products
- Perform various inventory counts; order supplies and materials as needed
- Supervise all forklift operations
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment in all operational areas of the facility
- Maintain shipping documentation, manifests, and receipts; enter relevant data in reports as needed
- Ensure that shipment materials match packing lists before dispatching orders
- Assist in the hiring, onboarding, and training process of new warehouse staff
- Ensure proper transport, packaging, and placement of products
- Improve warehouse work processes through strategic planning to create a more efficient fulfillment system
Warehouse Supervisor Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or Operations Management preferred
- At least two years of previous supervisory experience in a warehouse environment including LTL and full-cycle distribution.
- Knowledge of inventory and supply chain management
- Ability to lift to 75 pounds at a time
- Forklift certification or ability to complete forklift training and operate machinery safely according to company protocol
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and data entry systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills, adapts to changes in the work environment, manages, and meets competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, and deals with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance after 30 days
- 401K (eligible from start date, matched after 1 year)
- Weekly Electronic Pay
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Snelling participates in E-Verify and is a drug free workplace. Candidates may be subject to drug testing.
About Snelling: Since 1951, Snelling has helped match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities, and we continue to set the standard of excellence in our field. By combining our award-winning history with industry-leading technology, our team has what it takes to connect you with the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Keywords: Supervisor, Distribution, LTL, Manager
Louisville, Kentucky 40214