Position: Utility Team Member
Job Type: Temp-to-hire
Location: Louisville, KY 40204
Pay Rate: $16.00/ Hr, with quick advancement opportunities
1st Shift: Monday – Friday, 7-3 or 8-4
Snelling has an immediate opening for a Utility Team Member in Louisville, KY. The job of Utility Team Member was established for the purpose/s of ensuring the timely and accurate completion of special setups for the numerous campus functions, i.e., graduations, guest speaker events, sports events, departmental and student functions and activities, moving of equipment and furniture, and the proper completion of all assigned work orders, in support of all campus needs and initiatives. Additionally, providing maintenance and housekeeping services as needed and/or assigned; assisting in a wide variety of maintenance and housekeeping activities; addressing immediate operational and/or safety concerns; assisting skilled trades; and ensuring that tools, materials, and vehicles are maintained in good working order and are available at job site when needed.
Utility Team Member Requirements:
- A High School diploma or G.E.D., and over 18 years of age
- Job related experience is required
- Perform set ups and breakdowns for special events
- Basic knowledge and understanding of audio/visual equipment set up
- Follow and complete the school’s daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly maintenance and cleaning schedules
- Assists skilled maintenance workers with projects (e.g. transporting and/or securing materials, completing specific tasks, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects in a safe, efficient manner
- Coordinates with skilled tradesmen and/or assigned supervisor(s) for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently
- Maintains assigned vehicles, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition
- Performs a wide variety of general and semi-skilled maintenance and housekeeping activities (e.g. carpentry, painting, electrical, snow removal, plumbing, HVAC, cleaning, carpet extraction, bonnet cleaning, sweeping, dust mopping, damp mopping, buffing etc.) for the purpose of completing projects within established time frames
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns
- Restock maintenance & housekeeping supplies
- Communicate equipment and/or facilities repair needs to shift supervisor
- Frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds is required and lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds is required occasionally
- Works from ladders, scaffolding and aerial work lift.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance after 30 days
- 401K (eligible from start date, matched after 1 year)
- Weekly Electronic Pay
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Snelling participates in E-Verify and is a drug free workplace. Candidates may be subject to drug testing.
About Snelling: Since 1951, Snelling has helped match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities, and we continue to set the standard of excellence in our field. By combining our award-winning history with industry-leading technology, our team has what it takes to connect you with the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Keywords: Event Set-up, maintenance, housekeeping, supply restock
Louisville, Kentucky 40204