Position: Powder Operator
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: Louisville, KY 40206
Pay Rate: $18.00/ Hr – $21.00/ Hr, with quick advancement opportunities
Day Shift: Rotating, 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Night Shift: Rotating, 6:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
Snelling has an immediate opening for a Powder Operator in Louisville, KY. This position will be responsible to produce and package coloring and flavor products for company clients. The Powder Operator should be able to work independently and demonstrate a proactive, problem-solving attitude. Job duties include:
- Efficient operation of the Dryer and the Packaging Conveyor.
- Formulate make-up liquid feed for the spray drying process.
- Conduct Color, pH, moisture and sieve tests on powder. Along with specific gravity test on liquid feed.
- Understand slurry room controls.
- Stage and hang lime and maltodextrin super sacks
- Maximize yield of spray dried material
- Maintain and document records of spray dryer readings
- Complete all E1 transactions by the end of shift for materials issued and finished product completed
- Record documentation required for of HACCP checks, production numbers, work orders, CIP and Master Sanitation Schedule
- Troubleshoot common operational issues
- Follow the Schedule of operations provided by the Production Manager.
- Utilize powder rework as directed
- Make in-process adjustments to Spray Dryer and / or feed product
- Perform general preventive maintenance on Spray Dryer.
- Actively participate in the Quality Improvement Process.
- Perform work accurately and reliably with proper thoroughness according to established procedures
Powder Operator Requirements:
- Basic math skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
- The ability to work well with other associates in a team environment.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance after 30 days
- 401K (eligible from start date, matched after 1 year)
- Weekly Electronic Pay
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Snelling participates in E-Verify and is a drug free workplace. Candidates may be subject to drug testing.
About Snelling: Since 1951, Snelling has helped match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities, and we continue to set the standard of excellence in our field. By combining our award-winning history with industry-leading technology, our team has what it takes to connect you with the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Keywords: Machine Operation, Control Panel, Food Production
Louisville, Kentucky 40206