Position: Mold and Tool Setter
Industry: Plastics Manufacturing
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: Louisville, KY 40299
Pay Rate: $27.00 Hr., with quick advancement opportunities
1st Shift: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Snelling has an immediate opening for a Mold and Tool Setter in Louisville, KY. This position will be responsible for setting molds according to production schedule, repairing molds to improve their running condition, along with working on molds that are running in machines in the production area, and assisting production department in troubleshooting mold related issues. The Mold and Tool Setter should be able to work independently and demonstrate a proactive, problem-solving attitude. Job duties include:
- Repair and rebuild molds
- Make components and changes on existing components.
- Clean molds and record any problems that are encountered with the mold.
- Make sure all molds are ready to be set according to production schedule.
- Change mold according to the mold setting and removal procedures
- Clean machine after mold change and ensure that all mold setting areas are straightened and clean.
- Other duties as assigned
Mold and Tool Setter Requirements:
- Must be Certified Journeyman Tool Maker, or Associate Degree in Machining or a Certificate in Tooling/Machining from Accredited College/Trade School
- 3+ years’ experience repairing, setting, and cleaning molds.
- Ability to fabricate parts.
- Can troubleshoot and correct complex mold issues.
- Strong mechanical ability and knowledgeable in the use of grinders, welders, shot blasters, drill press and other equipment found within the Tool Room
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance after 30 days
- 401K (eligible from start date, matched after 1 year)
- Weekly Electronic Pay
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Snelling participates in E-Verify and is a drug free workplace. Candidates may be subject to drug testing.
About Snelling: Since 1951, Snelling has helped match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities, and we continue to set the standard of excellence in our field. By combining our award-winning history with industry-leading technology, our team has what it takes to connect you with the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Keywords: Mold Setting, Injection Mold, Tool & Mold
Louisville, Kentucky 40299