Position: Mechanical Lab Technician – ENTRY LEVEL
*Interested in learning a skilled trade? Do you enjoy using your hands, working with tools and solving problems?
*Call Snelling Staffing 502-814-9800! Well-established manufacturing company is seeking an entry level candidate to train in the Lab department
Job Type: Temp-to-hire
Location: Louisville, KY 40219
Pay Rate: $18.00/ Hr – $22.00/ Hr, with quick advancement opportunities
1st Shift: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Snelling has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Lab Technician – Entry Level in Louisville, KY. This position will be responsible for the set up and testing of products and rentals. The Mechanical Lab Technician – Entry Level should be able to work independently and demonstrate a proactive, problem-solving attitude. Job duties include:
- Set up equipment for tests and rentals.
- Properly handling of Safety Data Sheet Materials.
- Assist Project Engineers in running tests and collecting data.
- Instrumentation calibration.
- Electrical wiring of PLCs, controllers, motors and others 3-phase components.
- Light welding.
- Lab and rental area housekeeping, track supplies & indicate when to reorder, etc.
- Perform monthly Test Material Inventories.
- Perform other tasks as directed.
- Perform Rental Technician duties as required.
Mechanical Lab Technician Requirements:
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures with mechanical equipment and high voltage electrical equipment.
- Understanding of controllers, control valves, transmitters, and other process instrumentation.
- Operate fork trucks and cranes.
- Ability to use MS Office software, especially Excel.
- Excellent communication skills – must interface with other departments, sales representatives, and customers.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance after 30 days
- 401K (eligible from start date, matched after 1 year)
- Weekly Electronic Pay
About Snelling: Since 1951, Snelling has helped match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities, and we continue to set the standard of excellence in our field. By combining our award-winning history with industry-leading technology, our team has what it takes to connect you with the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Keywords: Lab Technician, Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Entry Level