Position: Mechanical Lab Technician – ENTRY LEVEL
*Interested in learning a skilled trade? Do you enjoy using your hands, working with tools and solving problems?
*Call Snelling Staffing 502-814-9800! Well-established manufacturing company is seeking an entry level candidate to train in the Lab department
Job Type: Temp-to-hire
Location: Louisville, KY 40219
Pay Rate: $18.00/ Hr – $22.00/ Hr, with quick advancement opportunities
1st Shift: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Snelling has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Lab Technician – Entry Level in Louisville, KY. This position will be responsible for the set up and testing of products and rentals. The Mechanical Lab Technician – Entry Level should be able to work independently and demonstrate a proactive, problem-solving attitude. Job duties include:
- Set up equipment for tests and rentals.
- Properly handling of Safety Data Sheet Materials.
- Assist Project Engineers in running tests and collecting data.
- Instrumentation calibration.
- Electrical wiring of PLCs, controllers, motors and others 3-phase components.
- Light welding.
- Lab and rental area housekeeping, track supplies & indicate when to reorder, etc.
- Perform monthly Test Material Inventories.
- Perform other tasks as directed.
- Perform Rental Technician duties as required.
Mechanical Lab Technician Requirements:
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures with mechanical equipment and high voltage electrical equipment.
- Understanding of controllers, control valves, transmitters, and other process instrumentation.
- Operate fork trucks and cranes.
- Ability to use MS Office software, especially Excel.
- Excellent communication skills – must interface with other departments, sales representatives, and customers.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance after 30 days
- 401K (eligible from start date, matched after 1 year)
- Weekly Electronic Pay
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Snelling participates in E-Verify and is a drug free workplace. Candidates may be subject to drug testing.
About Snelling: Since 1951, Snelling has helped match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities, and we continue to set the standard of excellence in our field. By combining our award-winning history with industry-leading technology, our team has what it takes to connect you with the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Keywords: Lab Technician, Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Entry Level
Louisville, Kentucky 40213