Position: Maintenance Engineer Apprentice
Job Type: Temp-to-hire
Location: Louisville, KY 40210
Pay Rate: $25.00/ Hr, with quick advancement opportunities
1st Shift: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Snelling has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Engineer Apprentice in Louisville, KY. This position will be responsible for working and learning under the current Maintenance Engineer in providing repairs and troubleshooting production equipment. The Maintenance Engineer should be able to work independently and demonstrate a proactive, problem-solving attitude. Job duties include:
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of production machines
- Assist Maintenance Engineer in building of new equipment as an apprentice
- Learn programing language for machine operation from Maintenance Engineer
- Learns through operation how every machine in building works from top to bottom
- Inspect and diagnose problems and figure out the best way to correct them
- Do routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly
- Assemble and set up machinery or equipment
- Do general cleaning and upkeep of buildings and property
- Interacts and behaves professionally. Treats all associates respectfully and professionally while maintaining company code of ethics.
Maintenance Engineer Apprentice Requirements:
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, climbing, and reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 50 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance after 30 days
- 401K (eligible from start date, matched after 1 year)
- Weekly Electronic Pay
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Snelling participates in E-Verify and is a drug free workplace. Candidates may be subject to drug testing.
About Snelling: Since 1951, Snelling has helped match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities, and we continue to set the standard of excellence in our field. By combining our award-winning history with industry-leading technology, our team has what it takes to connect you with the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Keywords: Maintenance, Engineer Apprentice, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Electrical
Louisville, Kentucky 40210