Position: Customer Service Representative
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: Louisville, KY 40206
Pay rate: $42,000 – $45,000 annually
1st Shift: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Snelling has an immediate opening for a Customer Service Representative in Louisville, KY. This position will be responsible for working with sales and manufacturing to set targets and achieve customer loyalty through consistent and improving customer service. The Customer Service Representative should be able to work independently and demonstrate a proactive, problem-solving attitude. Job duties include:
- Coordinate and follow up on all customer and broker inquiries.
- Manage customer service for a sales base as designed by the customer service team.
- Maintain pricing and customer information in a computer database.
- Regularly communicate and provide feedback to all involved parties on customer issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with Sales, Customer Support and Production to ensure that logistics, shipping details, documentation requirements, etc. are known and managed to meet customer expectations
- Work with Customer Support, Sales, Production and others to develop improvements in Customer Service
- Actively participate in the Quality Improvement Process, particularly assisting in collecting customer data
- Document customer orders and ensure all requirements for each customer are verified
- Ensure customer support performance excellence according to key measures such as documentation errors, credit/debits issued and other measures as defined.
- Process export shipments according to regulations
- Interact with Sales Managers, Production associates and Logistics Coordinator on applicable issues.
Customer Service Representative Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A self-starter with can-do attitude.
- Capable of handling detailed work accurately.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of transportation and logistics, formal education a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment service area a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated strength with customer and supplier interaction
- Team player – demonstrated willingness to support other areas to optimize our ability to satisfy customer demands
- Ability to work between the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance after 30 days
- 401K (eligible from start date, matched after 1 year)
- Weekly Electronic Pay
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Snelling participates in E-Verify and is a drug free workplace. Candidates may be subject to drug testing.
About Snelling: Since 1951, Snelling has helped match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities, and we continue to set the standard of excellence in our field. By combining our award-winning history with industry-leading technology, our team has what it takes to connect you with the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Keywords: Customer Service, Logistics, Quality Improvement, Production, Office
Louisville, Kentucky 40206