Job Type: Direct hire
Location: Louisville, KY 40299
Pay Rate: $55,000 plus depending on experience
Snelling has an immediate opening for a Buyer in Louisville, KY. This position will be responsible for sourcing new projects, cost savings, quality, and process improvements, and insourcing as well as maintaining a proven and diverse supply chain. The Buyer should be able to work independently and demonstrate a proactive, problem-solving attitude. Job duties include:
- Obtain materials from suppliers at the lowest cost while maintaining a high level of quality and reliability of source with consideration to urgency of need.
- Assess current market conditions for effect on supply and demand of materials.
- Analyze quotes.
- Evaluate quality and reliability, price and availability, in addition to customer service after purchase.
- Select and recommend suppliers and schedule deliveries.
- Follow up to expedite delivery of materials and information.
- Check and approve invoices for orders placed.
- Develop and maintain records and files for efficient performance of duties.
- Lead cost savings, quality and cross functional projects.
- Visit suppliers to build relationships and identify future opportunities.
- Has minimum 3 years of purchasing experience, preferably in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Is able to prioritize tasks without direct supervision of the daily workload
- Is able to judge value, importance, and quality to make appropriate directional decisions is a must
- Displays excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills, project management and negotiating skills.
- Brings strong problem solving, deductive reasoning and analytical skills, along with strong interpersonal skills
- Is proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Office and ERP systems.
- Has thorough working knowledge of purchasing policies, processes, and procedures.
- Has working knowledge of material work planning and manufacturing, engineering methods, and inventory control.
- Is able to analyze fabricated parts and components for right part, right supplier selection.
- Has a bachelor’s degree in related field (i.e., business, engineering, etc.)
- Is authorized to work in the U.S.
Buyer Preferred Skills:
- Engineering/mechanical background is a plus.
- Experience using visual management to track current condition measures, business issues, quality improvements, and decision-making tools is strongly desired.
- Has experience in global sourcing is a plus.
- Experience with developing and fostering long-term relationships with suppliers is a plus.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance after 30 days
- 401K (eligible from start date, matched after 1 year)
- Weekly Electronic Pay
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Snelling participates in E-Verify and is a drug free workplace. Candidates may be subject to drug testing.
About Snelling: Since 1951, Snelling has helped match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities, and we continue to set the standard of excellence in our field. By combining our award-winning history with industry-leading technology, our team has what it takes to connect you with the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Keywords: Buyer, Purchasing, Procurement, Cost Estimating
Louisville, Kentucky 40299