Position: Designer/ Drafter
Job Type: Temp-to-hire
Location: Louisville, KY 40217
Pay Rate: $19.00/ Hr – $22.00/ Hr, with quick advancement opportunities
1st Shift: Monday – Thursday, 6:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Snelling has an immediate opening for an Designer/ Drafter in Louisville, KY. This position will be responsible to support the Engineering Manager in providing engineering support to internal departments, and external customers. The Designer/ Drafter should be able to work independently and demonstrate a proactive, problem-solving attitude. Job duties include:
- Creating and maintaining models and drawings for craftsmen, vendors, and customers for existing and new equipment as directed.
- Update bills of materials with revised parts or part numbers as directed.
- Conduct equipment testing as directed.
- Produce and analyze test reports on designated equipment.
- Create and markup existing PDF documents using Adobe.
- Provide technical support for other departments as directed.
- Provide technical support to customers and vendors via written/oral correspondence and/or in the field.
- Assist engineering and project management staff with day-to-day project functions, as needed, including researching product specifications, contacting vendors, and other support functions as needed.
- Maintain utilization by assisting with non-drafting project activities such as component assembly and hands-on work in the shop as shop as appropriate.
- Work as part of a collaborative team to balance workloads and ensure quality deliverables are produced on time.
Designer/ Drafter Requirements:
- Associate degree in drafting or CAD, or three years of relevant work experience
- Thorough knowledge of drawings, tools, equipment, software, methods, and standard practices of the Engineering profession.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor and Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate technical information and provide technical advice/support as needed.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and productively with a heavy workload.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance after 30 days
- 401K (eligible from start date, matched after 1 year)
- Weekly Electronic Pay
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Snelling participates in E-Verify and is a drug free workplace. Candidates may be subject to drug testing.
About Snelling: Since 1951, Snelling has helped match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities, and we continue to set the standard of excellence in our field. By combining our award-winning history with industry-leading technology, our team has what it takes to connect you with the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Keywords: Electrical, Drafter, Designer, AutoCAD
Louisville, Kentucky 40217