Position: Quality Control Inspector
Job Type: Temp-to-hire
Location: Louisville, KY 40219
Pay Rate: $18.00/ Hr – $20.00/ Hr, with quick advancement opportunities
1st Shift: Monday – Friday
Snelling has an immediate opening for a Quality Control Inspector in Louisville, KY. This position will be critical to the production process, the QC Inspector inspects and ensures the quality of welds and dimensional accuracy of work performed by production staff. The QC Inspector uses a high degree of proficiency while utilizing full skills of the trade including knowledge of codes and standards to verify that the final product is free of defects and meets the requirements of the contract documents. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each core responsibility satisfactorily.
- Perform dimensional and visual inspection of shop fabrication, which includes final paint inspections, weld preparations and final welds.
- Responsible for fabricated materials conforming to drawings, shop standards, specifications, and applicable codes. Record and maintain in-process and final inspection records for quality assurance and production control.
- Identify and remedy drawing discrepancies with QC manager.
- Coordinates with customers' inspectors during inspection phases.
- Inform production foremen of defects on fabrication.
- Assists shop personnel with interpretation of codes, drawings, and specifications
Job Title Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 3 years of related metal fabrication experience
- Completion of a verifiable vocational or training program may substitute for one (1) year of experience.
individual with training or experience or both in metals fabrication, inspection and testing who is competent to perform the work.
Job Title Preferred Skills:
- Position will require the frequent use and knowledge of MS Windows 7 and/or MS Windows 10, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook, PDF Software,
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance after 30 days
- 401K (eligible from start date, matched after 1 year)
- Weekly Electronic Pay
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Snelling participates in E-Verify and is a drug free workplace. Candidates may be subject to drug testing.
About Snelling: Since 1951, Snelling has helped match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities, and we continue to set the standard of excellence in our field. By combining our award-winning history with industry-leading technology, our team has what it takes to connect you with the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Keywords: Quality Control Technician, Fabrication, Inspection, Blueprints
Louisville, Kentucky 40219
APPLY FOR JOB