Snelling Staffing is seeking a Layout/Programming associate in a manufacturing enviorment. This individual would be responsible to take complete detailed drawing packages created in AutoCAD and Inventor and split out individual parts for cutting. Use AutoCAD/Inventor to create flat patterns of formed parts that can be programmed on CNC cutting machines. Some projects are very large with an extensive amount of work involved that that takes a high amount of attention to detail and organizational skills. You will create detailed parts list using an ERP system that dictates how the parts will need to be manufactured. All flat cut parts will then need to be nested on CNC cutting machines using SigmaNest programming software.
Previous experience using AutoCAD/Inventor in a manufacturing field required.
– Have a working knowledge of computers, Windows 7-10, file creation, sharing, and server storage.
– Converting Inventor sheet metal parts (.ipt) to AutoCAD files (.dxf).
– Be able to layout, flatten and split sheet metal parts in AutoCAD based on material availability, size and requirements.
– Create CNC files for all cutting machines while organizing material types, part quantities, and jobs required.
– Working knowledge of fabrication requirements, drawing/print reading, communication skills to properly communicate issues with parts or revisions to fitters/welders.
-High School Diploma or equivalent required.
-Associates Degree in Mechanical Design or equivalent preferred.
Louisville, Kentucky 40219
APPLY FOR JOB